Management education is an experience that prepares the students for a bright and ambitious future in the years to come. As the MBA/PGDM/PGPM aspirants gear up to appear in the various entrance exams and test for admission in the top business schools in India, a lot of factors must be kept in mind when choosing the right business school. A big misconception that a lot of people have is that all business schools have a great offering for students in terms of both education and placement. The truth is that the business schools have a wide array of specialties and even the business schools of equal standing which are offering the same specializations, may have a completely different pedagogy than another. Appreciating these differences in the business schools is vital so that you can make the right choice and prepare for the entrance process that will get you in the right business school where you want to reach.
To understand and accurately gauge the advantages that being a student in a business school offer we must first understand what makes that business school different from all the other business schools out there. There are several key factors which make a business school unique. ICFAI Business School is amongst the top management colleges in India and offers tremendous value for the students who would like to start their journey towards a rich management career from here. With a holistic approach towards management education the ICFAI Business School sets itself apart from other leading business schools in India in a variety of ways. Here are a few key factors:
- Strong Industrial Relations: The ICFAI Business School is known for the strong interface that it maintains with the industry which gives the curriculum the much-required focus on the applicability of knowledge in the management program. This ensures that the ICFAI Business School, students do not face challenges of having knowledge that is half cooked and now feasible in the practical world outside. The industry inputs also enable ICFAI Business School to maintain the agility of the curriculum and its delivery so that the education is relevant in not only today’s world, but also has value in the foreseeable future. At ICFAI Business School, various experts from organizations which are leading in their field are invited to dispense their perspective and experiences in form of guest lecturers for the benefit of the students.
- Case Based Learning: ICFAI Business School is one of very few management institutes which has integrated the case study based approach as a primary method of instruction. The management school has a dedicated Case Development Centre (CDC) which has the largest repository of management case studies in the entire Asia Pacific. At ICFAI Business School, there are even a few courses which are taught only through the usage of relevant case studies which are tailored to suit a vast array of management subjects. These help the students in developing a pragmatic, analytical and solution oriented approach while keeping the real world challenges in the picture.
- Leadership Development: The leadership development at ICFAI Business School is given a lot of importance since the B school prides itself in producing the corporate leaders of tomorrow. This is achieved through a combination of case based learning and increased focus on the soft skills of the students. While the case based study method puts the students in the decision maker’s position, the soft skills help the students in working on all aspects of their professional image and their working style. This helps in students growing beyond academics and increases the success rate of the students once they enter the professional world.
- Extracurricular Activities: The students at ICFAI Business School do not only make use of the development opportunities in the academic front but also help in the overall development of the students through various extracurricular activities. On one hand, these activities provide the students a great platform to build their social skills and confidence, while on the other hand they provide a break to the students from the routine life at the business school. The students learn to host and manage events, work with other people and teams, understand challenges of leadership firsthand, and work of their Emotional Intelligence in a real-time basis.
- Alumni Network: ICFAI Business School has a wide spread network of alumni who have taken lead in many industries and have worked with some of the most prestigious companies of the world. This network of alumni provides the students the opportunity to connect with other ICFAI Business School alumni and gather valuable perspectives and leverage contacts to achieve greater success in the world. ICFAI Business School organizes the alumni meets giving the students the perfect platform to do so.
The ICFAI Business School ticks a lot of boxes when it comes to providing its students with a quality education worthy of making it one of the leading business schools in India. The ICFAI Business School advantage can give the students a great platform to firmly establish themselves in the business world. A combination of innovative yet effective study methods, a robust curriculum and a focus on the overall development of the students makes management education at ICFAI Business School a truly unique experience.