Business Administration or Business Management studies is given a lot of importance and is one of the favored courses in India. But, why is this course so popular? Have you ever wondered?
Before you apply to any management college in India it is important to know the significance of management studies. The value of management studies is high because it provides a plethora of opportunities to its students who aspire to be an entrepreneur or work in a managerial role.
Management studies help to boost confidence and improve communication skills, leadership, and organizational skills. These skills are pivotal to running a business or managing a company. Management studies help to enhance these skills which in the long run helps in managing or running a business.
Why Management studies is important?
Doing MBA from a reputed management college teaches business acumen. You get to face the challenges of the real world and handle those situations with the skills and expertise learned through management studies.
Management studies expand your knowledge base and give your resume more weight. When you pursue courses in management you gain a holistic idea of business management. You may be an employee or own your business. Whatever it is, the courses will help you in understanding business, finance, and human resource management.
Business management will provide you with knowledge about organizing, planning, and analyzing business activities that assist in running a business successfully. A business management degree is a choice for every aspiring leader and entrepreneur.
The growing competition in the business has put extra pressure on the working professionals to efficiently manage the business processes. With the management degree, it comes easily as budding professionals learn visionary leadership, negotiation and conflict management, strategies to handle business, team building, and interpersonal skills.
A management degree is important because of the following reasons:
- Develops management skills: If you have management skills you are a valuable asset to an organization. You can acquire those skills only with a management degree. The skills are critical and strategic thinking, communication, problem-solving, organization, presentation, reporting, project management, and leadership.
- Higher chance of employability: If you are a graduate in business management you will be presented with a lot of options for jobs in the domain of management, consulting, marketing and advertising, human resource, retail and sales, and finance.
- Gives an idea to the business world: If you have no prior experience in the business you will gain insights into business and management through a business management degree. You will understand the industry trends and know the academic theory to solve real-life business problems.
- Knowledge of multiple disciplines: If you are in doubt with regard to choosing your career, a management degree is a good option as it gives an overview of the business operations that helps in the success of a business. You can later also specialize in your area of choice.
- Own your business: With management studies, you can be your own boss. You can own your business and get the business idea to get it started.
- Managing people: Management studies helps you to manage people efficiently by understanding their problems, grievances, and issues and motivating them to work better.
The success of a business depends upon the ways in which the administration is handled. Many start-ups commence their business but find it difficult to sustain in the competitive market due to a lack of proper administration and its activities.
MBA/PGPM programs give opportunities for students to learn the tactics of business administration through hands-on training and development.
Management studies at ICFAI help to develop a Business plan
Management colleges in India provide knowledge pertaining to planning, execution, supervision, and analysis of a business initiative.
ICFAI Business School (IBS) focuses on teaching students the strategies to achieve organizational goals, identify potential problems and devise customized solutions for the same.
Management studies in ICFAI Business School (IBS) provide the students with the opportunities to work with corporates during the Summer Internship Programs where they get to understand business operations and functionalities.
The MBA/ PGPM program at ICFAI Business School (IBS) is designed in cooperation with corporate collaborations of IBS for the training of the students before they join as permanent employees. As a trainee, they learn to develop a business plan as part of the internship project which prepares them for the future.
ICFAI Business School (IBS) like other top business schools provides an industry interface to students through Summer Internship program for 14 weeks. Some of the recruiters for the internship are Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories, ICICI Bank, Axis Bank Coco Cola, etc. The Summer Internship program helps the students to learn in the first year about corporate life and test their knowledge. They are under the constant guidance of their faculty members and mentors at the workplace.
Management colleges in India provide Summer Internship Programs for students. But, ICFAI Business School (IBS) gives due importance to this program as it helps the students to explore challenges and gauge their strengths and weaknesses before they are hired for any role in a company. This gives enough time to prepare one as a future leader/manager and also gives the opportunity to work with project managers of different firms.
ICFAI Business School (IBS) Placement program offers job opportunities in various sectors like banking, consulting, e-commerce, education, financial services, insurance, telecom, IT/ITES, Media and Research, Media and tourism, etc.
With all the knowledge and experience gained through the internship and Business Management curriculum, you can work efficiently as a manager or leader in any organization or run your business successfully.