IBS AHMEDABAD CONVOCATION CLASS 2013
Chief Guest :
Dr. (Mrs.) Kiran Bedi. (IPS)
IBS Business School (IBS), Ahmedabad, celebrated the passing out of batch 2011-13 PGPM Students, in its Convocation Ceremony on 16th June 2013, in the grand 300 seated H T Parekh Auditorium, Ahmedabad Management Association (AMA), Ahmedabad.
Dr. (Mrs.) Kiran Bedi (IPS) was the guest of honour of the Convocation ceremony who is the recipient of the ‘Ramon Magsaysay Award’ and the founder of ‘Navjyoti’ and ‘Indian Vision Foundation’ NGOs. Having more than 40 years of experience in which most of the times she was involved in Community Service, started her inspirational speech by talking about her work life incidents and struggles which she had to go through in the beginning.
The convocation ceremony began with the convocation procession led by Chief Guest Dr. (Mrs.) Kiran Bedi & Dr. Vivek Ranga, Dean & Campus Head- IBS Business School, Ahmedabad followed by Dr. Bharti Thakar, Dean Academics and Prof. Prashant Saxena, Associate Dean alongwith other faculties and students.
The inauguration of the convocation ceremony began with the traditional Saraswati Vandana, performed by students of IBS Ahmedabad. Dr. Vivek Ranga, Dean at IBS Ahmedabad delivered the welcome address; he briefed about Institute and activities during the last year. He also described the achievements of the graduating batch and the placement status. He thanked the industry for the constant support extended.
PGPM Certificate Distribution Total 75 students were eligible for PGPM certification. The certificates to the students present were given by the Chief Guest Dr. Kiran Bedi as per the roll call by Dr. Bharti Thakar, Dean – Academics. Gold and sliver medals were distributed for scholastic performance to Mr. Govinda Iyer and Ms. Hetal Porwal respectively. After the distribution the students were administered convocation oath in the ceremony.
Dr. Kiran Bedi’s Message: She gave a few success mantras to students based on her Life incidents and work experience to achieve the same level of success in the corporate life.
Few of them were:
• The qualities which makes you successful in your life, if you identify them sooner, you will gain success in the early stages of life. And if you are not able to identify those qualities, you will tend to commit mistakes and the learning will follow. The choice will always be yours.
• Girls are joining their Father’s business at such early age is the identity of the New India..! The Young India..! Happy to know that Girls are taking this decision.
• Always work in the teams. Be a good leader. Give credit to all the team members when the team achieves success. When team fails, take the responsibility being a leader instead of blaming each others. Motivate the team members to work towards the betterment. Success will follow.
• Many times the support will not be there. You will not get good seniors and bosses, many times the junior will not cooperate, and the working environment may not be good. Do not give up. Keep working towards the better tomorrow. Always keep the bigger picture in mind.
• Have positive and effective communication skills. How you speak, what you speak, when you speak will matter a lot in your working environment. After the Convocation address the felicitation ceremony that followed was a spectacle to watch for the friends, family, and faculty members, as the students went up on stage attired in their marvelous robes, stoles and caps to receive their certificates from the dignitaries who did the honors.
The Ceremony was concluded by Vote of Thanks and the Convocation was declared Closed.