We live in a day and age when technical skills can only take us so far in our careers. To truly go forward and take our career to its well-deserved heights, we need to broaden our horizons and bolster our careers with the right mix of management and leadership skills. To take our career to the next level, we need to have the insights required into the field of management and that we can receive from a business school degree such as an MBA. Whether you are looking for a career change into a different industry or wish to change your field of work, getting a B-school degree can help you through this transition. Here is how a B-school degree can help in moulding your career according to your wishes.
- Exposure: A business school equips you with a variety of valuable skills for sure but perhaps the biggest benefit that you get from a B school experience is the exposure to the theories, learning, practices, and experiences of the classmates, seniors, faculty members. This helps you develop an understanding of different subjects which enhances your employability. It also opens up new avenues for you which make it easier for you to choose your career.
- Acceptability: A business school degree makes it easy for you to be accepted in an industry where you do not have previous experience. The biggest reason for this is the fact that management is a versatile skill and has got wide applications in many industries. Even if you want to stay in the same industry but want to transition to a different function, it becomes much easier to convince your prospective employers about your motivation.
- Transferable skills: Many key skills that are taught in business school are transferable such as leadership, analytical skills, communication skills, people management skills, and others. These skills make it easy to portray your profile in good light and impress prospective employers. They also provide the students a valuable toolkit to deal with various business challenges. These skills make the students successful even if they wish to turn into an entrepreneur and run their own business someday.
- Real-life application: The business school experience teaches the students valuable life lessons including taking initiative, working collaboratively, goal setting, and perseverance. There are also some great Business School teaching methodologies such as the case study method used in ICFAI Business School (IBS), which is developed around real-life business scenarios and problems. This makes the lessons learned through the business school practical and realistic adding to the business acumen of the students.
- Networking Opportunity: All the interactions that the student has at the business school are an opportunity to hone their networking skills. Even during their B school education, they regularly come in contact with the industry experts at various platforms. Some of these are Industry exposure forums, professional networks such as LinkedIn, and the summer internship that they have as a part of their curriculum. This helps them follow the industry and companies where they would like to join, and can even give them a chance to impress these companies into hiring them.
- Easier promotions: The B School degree is required for many high-level opportunities both at your current company as well as any new organization that you wish to join. Many higher-level positions are exclusively available to business school graduates. This means that without the B school degree you may have to work extra hard for these positions, just to convince the hiring manager that you have the necessary skills.
These points help understand the great value that a business school degree can add to your professional life and how it can empower you to take control of your career. If you have been considering getting a management education, then you can doubtlessly benefit your career with this experience. As you try to get into one of the premier business schools in India such as ICFAI Business School (IBS), you may realize that it is a difficult task, yet it has great value for your professional development. You can not only fast track your career growth, but also transform your career to fit your dreams and aspirations, regardless of your current professional level and experience.