How you plan and spend your time, is key to your test preparation.
In some inevitable situations – you may find yourself in a stage – when you are a few days away from test date. Things may get on your nerves in such situation.
Here is how to tackle it?
1. If you have trouble staying alert when you study. Then take a power nap.
2. If you are getting less sleep than normal – do not coffee, or energy drinks. Instead go for Banana or Apple. It will give you energy and do not make you jittery.
3. Try to get a friend – who has already prepared – to help you. It will be a win-win for both of you. Your friend will be able to revise and retain – and you will get needed info in a fraction of time.
You can quiz each other and answer each other’s questions as you go along. Some people find this a distraction, so see if it works for you.
4. Try simple exercise – like running up and down stairs. It gets your blood flowing, and makes your mind work better.
5. Take frequent, short breaks. Breaks help you stay alert, and they can also prevent burnout. Take a 10 minute break for every 50 minutes of work.
6. Drink plenty of water. It helps you to think and most importantly it hydrates you. Remember that caffeine is a diuretic. If you have been downing coffee in order to study for your test, you need to re-hydrate yourself.
IBS Admissions Team