Guidelines for the Digital Ambassadors.
- Proof read, edited, original contributions, should not have been posted anywhere in the past.
- Focus on one idea per blog post.
- List a takeaway at the end of the blog post.
- Write as if you are talking with / addressing a single person.
- Write short sentences and
paragraphs not exceeding 4 – 5 lines.
- Minimum 400 words per blog post.
- Share two or more relevant pictures to go with the blog post.
- For a 400 word blog post. Don’t think of a 200 word post padded out with fluff words. Think of a 1,000 word post trimmed down to its essence.
- To make the writing process efficient. It is advised to come up with topics for a month of writing – usually four times the number of blog posts you plan to submit, and then move ahead with writing. Share this in last week of preceding month. (For example, share topics for October, during last week of September).
- While using quotes and research – the text based on research and quote should not exceed 15% of the blog post length.
- The blog post that you contribute cannot be re-posted / published elsewhere.
- In case of multiple contributions, please make sure that there is no duplicate content or repeating of ideas across blog posts.
- No blog posts announcing an event, a small number of event recap posts are fine.
- Use real world examples.
- Avoid using adverbs.
- Use active voice wherever possible.